Monday, August 2, 2010

here and now

Widad and alim are counting days and sleeps. As if they can even sleep now. Me? I've been dreaming of it since like forever. Why? Its like something different and to look forward to.

A friend told me that I am so brave that she wish that she could be like me. Well, I think everyone must have some kind of brave "feeling" inside of them. It is just the matter of they know they have it or not.

I remembered once in a bus, on my way from home at Barridge Road to the town, me and dad sat at the seat that is allocated for mothers with child or elderly people. We sat facing each other. I did not noticed the sign at all until a women get on the bus with the child in a pram, and asked if I can move to another seat as she needs to park her child's pram at the area that I sat.

I get up and move to another seat that is behind the area. Upon reaching town, the women press the bus bell to get off the bus. Before getting off the bus, the women said to me "You are suppose to seat at the other chair. This chair is of people like me, with child". She said it with anger and loud. You can say that she is shouting at me. I was so shocked, and if I'm not mistaken, I replayed this scene over and over in my head for a couple of days. The thing that kept me thinking Notts and UK is a good place to live is when I get off the bus (on that day), is that an English lady came to me and apologize for that woman's behavior. That is something that you do not see everyday.

Oh well, after years of living there, I came back to here and missing there ever since. I wonder if they misses me or not?

0 comments: